https://www.flowerstation.co.uk | firstname.lastname@example.org | 55 Park Road, London, NW1 6XU
Essential information we collect
In operating our store, it is essential for us to capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit when you browse our store. For example, this might include time-stamp, the last page or product you visited, the indication that you logged in.
We do that in order to:
- remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each click;
- monitor if our website is running with the high performance we are dedicated to providing;
- let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page each click;
- remember if you put something in your shopping cart before you decide to checkout;
- control that your data is processed securely
Order information you expressly provide
If you buy something from our store, we will need specific information about you. To fully process your order and delivery the flowers or products you selected, we need your personal data such as your first and last name, your email address and your delivery and billing address. We also use your contact and order information to send you communication related to the processing of your order. We will ask you to provide this information on our "checkout page" before letting you finalize your purchase with the payment.
If you have started to buy one of our products, but have not completed the purchase, you may have provided partial information, such as your email. In that case, we might send you an email to remind you about your interest. If you are not comfortable in receiving further emails of this kind, we will give you a simple opportunity to opt-out. Your privacy means a lot to us and we will stop sending you these communications right away.
If you have completed a purchase, we will send you an email to ask you to review the product you bought. We want to be sure that whether you love your purchase or have a complaint, you can share your opinion with other customers.
We also use some specific information related to your visit, such as the timestamp of your visit, the product you viewed, where you are coming from (if you clicked on an advertisement or you just opened our direct link). This is very similar to the "essential information", but we use it to provide you with a personalized experience. The information on you visit provides us with insights on your interest and allows us to send you relevant communications. We capture this information through cookies, call a "beacon" that we allow you to block.
How do we process your information
We use an external provider to run our store, BigCommerce. BigCommerce is based in the US and is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection. You can check its participation in the Privacy Shield here on the official site of The International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce.
Through BigCommerce, we also use other, highly specialized external providers to provide the most competitive services. For example:
- Payment: Our store is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with requirements for the security of credit card information), but we also use accredited companies to process your credit card information. Our payment providers are PayPal Web Payments Pro and Stripe.
- Delivery: We integrate with a number of delivery companies and their software to fulfill your orders and allow order tracking and delivery notifications. The companies we use are DPD UK, APC Couriers and Detrack. Only personal data used is your email for notifications and/or a mobile number for contact purposes should the delivery fail. We do have to provide recipient name and address in order to fulfill the delivery. You will be receiving email notifications with regards to your delivery such as when order information is received, flower are on-board with one of the drivers, when flowers have been delivered or failed delivery (with appropriate photo evidence) as well as, finally, a review request.
- Mailchimp: Your emails are used to send out our weekly newsletters to all our customer. Each mail out includes an option to unsubscribe and stop receiving these emails in future. To do so we use a specialist software called Mailchimp.
- Sloyalty: We have also integrated a loyalty application which has access to your email and can see amounts spent on our store in order to provide your account with points earned per order. This allows you to redeem any points earned.
- Vivivoip: All calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes. This allows us to try and prevent fraudulent orders from being placed and gives us an option to pass the information to relevant authorities.
How can you control your personal data?
If you are on of our customers who is in the EU, and we are specifically selling our products to the Member State where you are located, you have specific rights that we are honoured to enforce without undue delay: Access, Correct, Erasure, Port, Object. If you cannot excercise your choice on your account page or if you do not have an account with us, please reach out to us, at the contact details at the bottom of this page. We will be more than happy to help.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data as long as you have an account with us. We also keep data for security investigations. Most importantly, we have specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we might need to retain certain data even if you ask to delete it.
Do we have any legal obligations when handling your data?
Many. We might need to share your personal information to comply with applicable legal obligations. We need to provide sales reports to the HRMC in order to pay tax on any sales made online. To do this, we need to store information such as turnover, this is only possible by retaining such information, however personal information can be removed.
How to contact us with regards to privacy matters?
Mr. David Cohen
Flower Station, 55 Park Road, London, NW1 6XU
Company Number: 04410944
VAT Number: 802 5475 46
Do you need to lodge a complaint?
If you have a privacy complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with our supervisory authority, The Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
This document was last updated on May 21, 2018